Important disclosures and more information regarding your accounts with Chain Bridge Bank.
Chain Bridge Bank, N.A., is a national bank organized under the laws of the United States and its deposits are insured, up to the legal maximums, by the FDIC. The FDIC – short for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation – is an independent agency of the United States government. The FDIC protects you against the loss of your deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government. All FDIC-insured banks must meet high standards for financial strength and stability. The FDIC, with other federal and state regulatory agencies, regularly reviews the operations of insured banks to ensure these standards are met. The FDIC insures all deposits at insured banks, including checking, NOW and savings accounts, money market deposit accounts, and certificates of deposit (CDs), up to the insurance limit. The basic insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor per insured bank. Certain retirement accounts, such as Individual Retirement Accounts, are insured up to $250,000 per depositor per insured bank. You may qualify for more coverage at one insured bank if you own deposit accounts in different ownership categories.
For more information about FDIC insurance coverage of non-interest-bearing transaction accounts, visit the FDIC website.
Notice of expiration of the temporary full FDIC insurance coverage for non-interest-bearing transaction accounts
By operation of federal law, beginning January 1, 2013, funds deposited in a non-interest-bearing transaction account (including an Interest on Lawyer Trust Account) no longer will receive unlimited deposit insurance coverage by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Beginning January 1, 2013, all of a depositor's accounts at an insured depository institution, including all non-interest-bearing transaction accounts, will be insured by the FDIC up to the standard maximum deposit insurance amount ($250,000), for each deposit insurance ownership category.
If you would like more information about FDIC insurance, please contact us at Chain Bridge Bank.
You may also obtain more information from the FDIC by contacting them directly at: 1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-877-275-3342)
Hearing Impaired Line: 1-800-925-4618
Read more about FDIC insurance online at: https://www.fdic.gov/deposit/
FDIC EDIE - THE ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT INSURANCE ESTIMATOR (EDIE)
The Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator (EDIE) is the FDIC’s easy-to-use tool that helps consumers find out if the money they have in deposit accounts at FDIC-insured banks is fully protected. To access it, click here.
Funds Availability Disclosure
Your Ability to Withdraw Funds
Our policy is to make funds from your check deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Cash and electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use them to pay checks you have written.
For determining availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 5:00 pm on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after 5:00 pm or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
Longer Delays May Apply
In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the first business day after the day of your deposit. Depending on the type of check you deposit, funds may not be available until the second day business day after the day of your deposit. The first $225 of your deposits, however, may be available on the first business day.
If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the first business day, we will notify you at the time you make the deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the day after we receive your deposit.
If you need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
In addition, funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
- We believe a deposited check will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,525 on any one day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six (6) months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh (7) business day after the day of your deposit.
If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another bank, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check would have been available if you had deposited it.
If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another bank, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that you have on deposit in another account with us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this disclosure for the type of check that you deposited.
Special Rules for New Accounts
If you are a new customer, the following special rules will apply during the first thirty (30) days your account is open.
Cash and funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from wires transfers and the first $5,525 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s checks, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state and local government checks will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,525 will be available on the ninth (9) business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,525 will not be available until the second (2) business day after the day of your deposit.
Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the ninth (9) business day after the day of your deposit.
Rev. July 01, 2020
Online Banking Agreement
Unlawful Internet Gambling Act
Unlawful Internet Gambling Act of 2006 (UIGEA)
The UIGEA prohibits any person engaged in the business of betting or wagering (as defined in the Act) from knowingly accepting payments in connection with the participation of another person in unlawful internet gambling. The department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Board have issued a joint final rule, Regulation GG, to implement this Act.
As defined in Regulation GG, unlawful internet gambling means to “place, receive or otherwise knowingly transmit a bet or wager by any means which involves the use, at least in part, of the internet where such bet or wager is unlawful under any applicable Federal or State law in the State or Tribal lands in which the bet or wager is initiated, received or otherwise made.”
These restricted transactions are prohibited from being processed through any Chain Bridge Bank commercial clients’ accounts or banking relationships. Commercial clients who do engage in an internet gambling business and want to open an account will be asked to provide evidence of their legal capacity to do so.
Please call us at 703-748-2005 if you would like more information on UIGEA or Regulation GG.
Website Term of Use
CHAIN BRIDGE BANK, N.A.
CHANGES AND MODIFICATIONS
LINKS; THIRD-PARTY SITES
We are not responsible for the information practices employed by third-party sites linked to or from our Website. Since third-party websites may have different privacy policies and/or security standards, we advise you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of these sites prior to providing any personal information. These third-party sites are not investigated, monitored or endorsed by the Bank, nor do we make any representation or warranty, express or implied, regarding the content on any third-party site, and we hereby disclaim any liability of any nature whatsoever for, any information or products offered by such third-party sites.
YOUR ACCOUNT; SECURITY
You will be required to create an account to access certain parts of the Website and use the Services. When you create an account, you will be required to pick a username and a password. You may not disclose your username or password to any third party. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password or account, please contact us immediately. You agree to (i) maintain the security of your username and password, (ii) maintain and promptly update any information you provide to us in connection with your account and to keep it accurate, current and complete, and (iii) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations in your use of the Website and the Services. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website. You agree that you will not register for an account on behalf of an individual other than yourself or impersonate any other person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity, age, or your affiliation with any person or entity. You further agree that you will not use or attempt to use another individual’s account without our authorization.
You agree that the Website and all logos related to our products and Services are our or our licensors’ trademarks or registered trademarks. You may not copy, imitate or use them without our prior written consent. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are our service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress. You may not copy, imitate or use them without our prior written consent. All right, title and interest in and to the Website, any content thereon, our products and Services, the technology related to our products and Services, any and all technology and any content created or derived from any of the foregoing are our or our licensors’ exclusive property.
NO WARRANTIES; DISCLAIMERS
Although reasonable efforts are made to ensure that the material appearing on this Website is correct and reasonably timely, accuracy and timeliness are not guaranteed. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy and timeliness of the material on the Website and assume no responsibility for the consequences of its use. Your use of this information is at your own risk.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
You agree that all access and use of the Website and its contents and your use of the Services is at your own risk. Neither Bank, nor any third party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Website and/or Services, has or will have any responsibility for any consequences relating, directly or indirectly, to any action or inaction that you may take based on the Website and/or Services, or any aspect thereof.
To help provide our Services, enhance your experience and collect information about mobile activity, we may place small data files on your computer or mobile device. These data files may be in the form of cookies, pixel tags, local shared objects or other similar technologies.
- Cookies and similar technologies enable us to personalize our application and Services for you. These technologies may allow us to store and manage your preferences and settings, measure and analyze how you use our Website and the effectiveness of our communications, offer services and help us improve our services and security.
- “Cookies” are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our online Services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with our online Services.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons—which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our Website and in some of our digital communications, such as email or other marketing messages. They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online Services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure Website or campaign engagement.
- Local shared objects, sometimes referred to as “flash cookies,” may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your device. Local shared objects are similar to cookies in terms of their operation but may not be managed in your browser in the same way. For more information on managing local shared objects, click here:
- Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete or disable these technologies. If you choose to reject cookies or similar technologies, some Services may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review your mobile device help pages for assistance with changing your settings.
- Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit our Website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for compliance and security purposes, for advertising, and administering the Website.
If you believe that any material on the Website infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may send a written notification to us via email at email@example.com, or via regular mail at Chain Bridge Bank, N.A., 1445-A Laughlin Avenue, McLean, VA 22101. In your notification, please:
- confirm you are the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work that has been infringed;
- identify the copyrighted work or works you claim have been infringed;
- identify the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed (please include information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material);
- provide your contact details, including an email address; and
- provide a statement that the information you have provided is accurate and that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
Chain Bridge Bank, N.A.
1445-A Laughlin Avenue
McLean, VA 22101
PDF Version available here.
Swipe for more
Swipe for more
Sign up to get the latest updates
Thank you for signing up! We will be in touch with you soon.